Tuesday 27 June 2017

Two Lives - Origins (Episode V)

The gun started powering up.

As he heard the sound of my gun charging, he stopped on his tracks. He neither moved nor dropped her.

"Stay exactly where you are and put her down very slowly", I commanded him. He seemed to listen. He knelt down slowly and placed her at the ground with a hand to her head. He didn't want to hurt her but I wanted to know why he's trying to kidnap her. He stood up slowly and started turning around. I put my finger around the trigger.

The helmet he was wearing had a dark visor which made it impossible to see who's under the mask. But the next instant, like fog clearing out as the sun comes up, the visor turned color and I could see his eyes. They were small.

" Step away from her", I shouted and he listened.

"Hi John. How are you?"

I didn't know what to say. Maybe he's someone I know and I'm sure that he smiled under that mask.

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" I asked the first question that came to my mind.

"I know a lot of things, John. Doesn't really matter." He talked very slowly with a deep voice and a careless attitude.

"I don't care either. But I do want to know why you are trying to kidnap her? What do you want from her?" I've heard somewhere that history repeats. Is he an assassin sent by her political enemies? I wanted to know before I put him down.

"Only a few answers." He was now far from her. "That's not..." My sentences were cut short by a loud noise from where she was lying. I turned to her side with my gun still pointing at him. What I saw there was impossible to explain. There was a cylindrical device on the floor which I hadn't noticed before. It opened up axially into multiple parts, all parts flipping to the ground and creating a disc. The edges started to glow with a radiance and revolved around the centre plate, picking up speed with each revolution until it was very hard to focus with my eyes. I turned towards him to ask what it was. I jumped back a step when I saw that he was standing next to me. I accidentally pulled the trigger and he dodged it like it was nothing. Before I could pull another shot, he moved next to me in one sweep move and held the barrel by his left fist. The next shot went towards the sun and I saw his right arm holding my gun at the bottom. With a twisting motion he split the barrel from the gun. Continuing the same twisting motion, the barrel came right to my face and knocked my nose. He turned his body by a 180 degrees and swung his right leg with the collected momentum. Instead of connecting with my left leg, his foot changed course, went a little up to my hip and came crashing down on my right thigh where it connected with the knee.

I was suddenly kneeling on my right, which was paining a lot, I had to keel over to my left to have some relief. With no weapons and an almost broken leg, I was in no shape to stand straight much less take him down. I half expected him to pull me up and snap my neck but he didn't. I think he knew that I was no threat to him in this condition even before I knew, because he was already walking away from me towards her. He picked up the jacket that was lying on the ground on his way. Kneeling beside her, he pulled her up and put the jacket around her. The cylindrical object turned disc was still bright and it created a shimmering transparent wall. He stepped before that, still supporting her on his left shoulder. Before leaving though, he turned towards me and said, "I'll bring her back to you. I'm not going to hurt her."

"No, don't. Leave her", I tried to shout but my voice was run over by another sound burst from the device.

"Find my message", and he vanished into the shimmering wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment