Monday 28 August 2017

Two Lives - Origins (Episode XIII)

"Get on your knees and put your hands in the air."

They didn't even blink. The tall man was still smiling.

"I'm getting a little bored. Do you wanna takeover?" He asked the woman.

She looked around at all the guards. "No probs."

"Do you need any help?"

"Just sit back already, will you?" She pressed a small button on her tiara while the other guy walked casually over to the bench on the side and sat down comfortably. When I looked back at her, it was no longer a tiara. Instead, it had expanded to cover her entire temple from both sides leaving about a couple inches gap in between.

"Stand down or we will shoot." One of the guard shouted at her but she didn't seem to care. I turned off the safety in my gun and it began to charge. I signaled the men to cuff her but deep down, I knew it'll get ugly and that she was preparing for a fight. I have a bad feeling about the way the tall one reacted to my threat. When two of the men reached her, she was holding her hands behind her back. Both men had a pair of cuffs in their hands.

She was so fast that before I could process what she did, she had thrown the cuffs at two of the groups covering the North and the South entrance with so much velocity, that it knocked down two men, causing confusion in their ranks. The two men who tried to cuff her were rolling in pain on the floor. When I looked up, she was running towards me. The patrol from the East entrance held their fire to avoid hitting me. I shot at her and she dodged it so easily I may have not fired at all. I tried again and she dodged that too. The Eastern patrol had to deal with the shots. In just three long steps she was close to me. I raised my gun to her face but she was already at my side holding my hand by my wrist and elbow. She was going to flip me down.

Could I be anymore wrong? She didn't flip me down but instead swung me from behind and I didn't have a choice but spin to her whim. While I was getting my bearings, she had reached the Western patrol and had already put down two of them. She had the remaining three lined up towards us thus covering herself from our guns. The Eastern patrol ran up to me while the others held their positions.

She did some sort of spinning kick which seemed like she was floating and twisting her body, just like that. Ever seen the blades of the blender at work? Not that fast but still fast enough for a human. Each of the three staggered in a different direction. Damn, she was good. She ran towards the Southern patrol, the staggering guard covering her from me and the Northern patrol. She jumped to the wall when fired at by the Southern patrol and made a 360 spinning kick, her knee and foot taking out two of them.

I heard a thud. I turned and saw the staggering guards fall at the same time. The next moment she was running straight towards us. The men had started panicking and there were some crap shots fired. With all the momentum she has collected, she punched me in my stomach and I felt like someone put a bullet in me. I knelt down feeling choked. I should've put on my armor when I first came here.

I had trouble breathing and to top it off, it felt nauseating. That never ends well. I scrawled up with difficulty and turned to look behind me, only to witness that she had decimated the Eastern patrol that stood with me. She sent another guard flying towards the Northern patrol. Their guns riddled the guard before he hit the floor. I hoped the armor took the worst of it.

Gathering all my strength, I raised myself but I just couldn't. I stayed at a half kneeling position. In all of this, I still had my gun in my hand. 'Great work, Commissioner. I can already see commendations lining up.' As I pulled my gun up, pointing at her, she had already taken down the Northern patrol as well. She saw me with the gun but didn't move. I noticed the man was still sitting on the bench. With my gun still pointed at her, I warned her.

"Get down on your knees or I will shoot."

A hand covered my gun's trigger and a voice whispered in my ear. "Yes, you will. I believe you."

No comments:

Post a Comment