Tuesday 19 September 2017

Two Lives - Origins (Episode XVII)

"I went to W.I.S.A.C."

I turned and looked at him. There was an incredulous look on his face which disturbingly brought a smile on my face. Sundar wasn't a huge fan of the corporation but he appreciated the fact that they only sold to registered security agencies. He felt that it changed the face of security and would save a lot of his men. It was true, until that explosion. I used to imagine how things would've unfolded, if he weren't there that day. If only, imagination came true. After that day however, he hated W.I.S.A.C. truly. The only reason he still has their car and drives it around is because of his daughter. The thought made me feel sad.

"I'm sorry, Sundar. They are the only people with literally unlimited access to all the great techs we've seen. They almost own 90% of the security market. I had to try."

"Why do you always run towards the most dangerous option you have? I don't get it. Wasn't Catherine already working on it? Did you at least tell her?" He was pissed but he bit down his anger.

"I uh... may have borrowed her bike." I didn't want to lie to him. He'll find out one way or the another.

"That's great. So I'm the one that's left out." He shook his head and turned towards the door. I snatched his arm and called him. He looked at me and said, "I told you not to go down that road again. Don't say I didn't warn you. I'll be in the medical wing." And he left. He's not wrong to be against me in this. We've each had an incident with them that would last a lifetime.

I looked at the man sitting on the bench. I have to do something. I can't shake the thought that they may be working together. Even if they did, there's nothing much I can do. I hate to jump in blind but I can't stay idle either. I'll have to talk to him. I turned away from the screen and looked around the surveillance room. I called the only surveillance guy in the room.

"There was a woman with him. Did you get a good look at her?"

"Through the cameras, yes Sir. The guys left me behind to keep watch." He seemed grateful that they left him.

"Great. I don't care if you have to scour the entire building but find her. Is Rahul here?"

"He said he missed his ride. He'll be here any minute now."

"The moment he comes in, tell him that I've left him a message."

"Yes Sir", and he left for his station.

I turned towards the monitor and recorded a message for Rahul. He doesn't have a communicator. Says it distracts him too much. Whatever!

Unlike other times, I'll have the upper hand this time. I felt nervous and unsettling at the thought of meeting him. Damn! I felt like I'm going for an interview. I locked the system and stood up. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Now... Off to meet the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment